Friday, November 7, 2008

2nd Viewing











This week I noticed that the food pellet had been added. As you can imagine there was a large collection of organisms around the pellet. Some things, like rotifers, I already recognized, but there were some new creatures I hadn’t already noticed looming around the food pellet.










Picture 1: I saw many colonies of epistylis collecting. They looked like bells with long shoots connected. Here is a picture.






Picture 2: I saw this guy called a Halteria swimming about, and he instantly caught my eye because of the array of cilia coming off him.




Two things i couldn't snap a picture of were an astracod and a large water snail. The astracod was just sitting near some of the plant life almost hidden. The water snail intrigued me with its rapid movement as it seemed to just swim around and eat everything.





























No comments:

Post a Comment